Tips To Keep You Warm & Cozy
Hygge. Such a funny word and there have been great debates about its proper pronunciation. It is quite possibly, the reason why the Danes are some of the happiest people in the world. Some say it’s pronounced hue-gah and others hoo-guh (I prefer the latter 😀) that’s neither here nor there. If you haven’t heard the term, you’re probably wondering what it is.
Originated in Norway; however, It is deemed a danish term and way of life.
According to dictionary.com “Hygge is a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being”. To know me is to know that I LOVE all things involving coziness and comfort. I have been this way all my life but never knew there was a name for it. I discovered Hygge about 2 years ago and have been implementing it in my life since. In today’s post, I am going to share a few simple winter hygge tips you can incorporate into your life, as well as links to a few items you can add to your cozy list
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post contains affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Simple Winter Hygge Tips☃️
- Candles: Turn off the lights and start lighting those candles. During the cold, harsh winter months, the Danes love to get cozy by candlelight. I hate harsh overhead lights and prefer low lighting in my home. I do so by way of candles or fairy lights. Don’t worry, if you don’t want to light candles the old fashion way, there are tons of electric options. Listed are some of my favourites.
- https://amzn.to/3zpybHD (Fairy Lights)
- Blankets: Who doesn’t love a nice, soft, fluffy blanket to wrap themselves in during these cold wintry nights? I know I do. My love for fluffy blankets knows no bound. I have a basket in my living room that holds them all. Listed below are the links to a few of my favs.
- Hot Drinks
I love tea! Personally, I drink tea 365 days of the year and my favourite to drink every morning is ginger tea. The kind that I drink, I am unable to find it online; however, I found some great options. Alternatively, if you’re not a tea drinker, you can substitute it with coffee or hot chocolate ( another one of my favs), or chai tea (obsessed), green or peppermint tea. Listed are some great options that I have in my tea corner.
- https://amzn.to/32Gau25 (Super Herbal Immune Tea)
- https://amzn.to/3eShATo (Super Herbal Tea Boost-Vitamin B6)
- https://amzn.to/3qKA6md (Super Herbal Tea Sunshine- Vitamin D)
- https://amzn.to/34aOw7w (Chai Tea)
- https://amzn.to/3qOQiDa (Peppermint Tea)
- https://amzn.to/3eRzpC1 (Ginger Tea)
- https://amzn.to/3pTOREg (Hot Chocolate)
- Baked Goods
who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baked goods? cakes, danish, muffins, cupcakes, cookies etc. Not only do these produce a great smell, they taste even better! I love walking into a bakery and looking at all the delicious treats and trying one or two items; however, I love baking my own as well. I don’t know about you but I love when my kitchen smells like a bakery. This winter bust out your baking pans, roll up your sleeves and get to baking. If you’re not a “start from scratch” baker, there are plenty of box cake options available to try and are easy as 123. Below are some recipes that you can try as well
Credit: Laura at joyfoodsunshine.com
Credit: Natasha at natashaskitchen.com
Credit: Julia at Tastes of Lizzy T
- Cozy Clothing
What’s hygge without cozy clothing☁️ Personally, I love fuzzy socks (my feet are always cold), sweaters, slippers and robes. Picture this: you curled up on your couch during these cold wintry nights, fire roaring (or on your tv), a hot beverage and a good book or your fav TV show. All you’re missing are these pieces linked below
- https://amzn.to/3qMdcLo (Plush fleece robe)
- https://amzn.to/3ETqjPV (Furry house slippers)
- https://amzn.to/31q4tWt (Plush slippers)
- https://amzn.to/3JGyZwM (Slipper socks)
- https://amzn.to/3eOkGaW (Warm fuzzy socks)
Along with the above items, I have gathered a few books to add to your cozy arsenal.
- https://amzn.to/3eNxDC7 (ScandiKitchen)
- https://amzn.to/3qGo3Xa (Self-Care)
- https://amzn.to/3eNEs6z (Little Book of Hygge)
- https://amzn.to/3eMrp5s (Danish Secrets of Happiness)
I hope you all enjoy this post and find something in it, to help make your wintry days better❄️✨ Let me know in the comments what you’re doing to make your winter days more pleasant.